The full form of CPT is Common Proficiency Test in English and सामान्य प्रवीणता परीक्षा in Hindi and is a selection test led for signing up for a Chartered Accountancy course all over India. It is directed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). ICPT is ordinarily known as CA-CPT and is additionally a required test to turn into an individual from ICAI.
Common Proficiency Test – CPT Examination
- The candidate ought to have handled their class 10 to sign up for the test.
- To take part in the CPT test, one probably finished the twelfth class or identical review in a presumed college.
- CA-CPT educational costs and enrollment charges can be paid in the wake of presenting the application structure.
- The application structure installment can be downloaded and paid for from their authority site.
- The test initiates in June and December. Graduates, Postgraduates, and Commerce graduates are excluded from CPT.
- Candidates can likewise apply for CA IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course), the second degree of Chartered Accountancy Exams, on the off chance that they have the fitting degree of score in the main degree of the test.
CPT Main Subjects
The fundamental subjects in CA CPT are recorded underneath.
- General Economics
- Fundamental Accountancy
- Merchant Law
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Applicant’s birth declaration
- A confirmed duplicate of concede card, pass declaration, mark sheet of Class 10 supported by periodical official or top of the organization
- A confirmed duplicate of concede card, pass declaration, mark sheet of Class 12 supported by periodical official or top of the organization
- Citizenship confirmation for an unfamiliar candidate
- Residency confirmation like aadhar card, elector card, driving permit
- Position confirmation (Applicable for uncommonly abled individuals, Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribe, and Other Backward Caste)
Test Duration and Pattern
The test is isolated into two meetings. It covers a term of 2 hours.
Meeting 1 is isolated into two segments covering a characteristic of 100.
- Essentials of Accounting – 60 imprints
- Mercantile Laws – 40 imprints
Meeting 2 is separated into two areas covering a sign of 100.
- General Economics – 50 imprints
- Quantitative Reasoning – 50 imprints
FAQ on CPT
- What is the full form of CPT?
The full form of CPT is the Common Proficiency Test in English and सामान्य प्रवीणता परीक्षा in Hindi. A test for signing up for a contracted bookkeeping course in India. Candidates who have passed their Class12 can show up for this test.
- When are CPT tests held?
CPT tests are typically directed in June and December. Recently, the Ministry of Company undertakings proposed that tests will be held in May and November.
- What are the qualification rules for CPT?
The candidate ought to have passed grades 10 and 12 or a comparable review from a perceived college.
- Are CPT tests tough?
Indeed. In any case, it can be easily cracked with steady practice and planned study arrangements.
- Is Mathematics required for CA?
No, yet the essential comprehension of the crucial parts of maths would make the CA tests simple.